STEP ONE: Submit a Kitten Application / Questionnaire
At Caviar Dreams Ragdolls, potential kitten parents must submit a kitten application / questionnaire to be considered for adoption. Please use the link below:
STEP TWO: Reserve Your Dream Kitten
If your application is selected for adoption, you will be given the opportunity to reserve your kitten. In order to reserve a kitten, a $500 deposit is required. This deposit will be deducted from the final kitten cost. Deposits are non-refundable, but they can be transferred to future litters. All money towards the kitten cost must be paid at least 10 business days prior to the kitten’s go home date. Acceptable forms of payment are Venmo, Zelle, and PayPal.
STEP THREE: Sign the Adoption Agreement
After you reserve and your kitten is selected, we will send an adoption contract to be electronically signed by us and the kitten purchaser. This contract includes our health guarantee against genetic diseases as well as other conditions of sale. Please read our sample conditions of sale before you purchase a kitten.
STEP FOUR: Prepare for Your New Kitten’s Arrival
By the time you reserve your kitten, he or she will be ready to come home to you between 14 and 16 weeks of age. This gives you approximately a month to get ready for the arrival of your new kitten. Make sure you are ready for the pick-up or delivery of your kitten.
We do not offer shipping so you must pick up your kitten at my home in Northern California (around 30 or 40 minutes away from the SF city) or hire a pet flight nanny to bring the kitten to you. We can discuss offline and recommend the company we used previously. Additionally, we can meet you at the San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
Start getting all your kitten supplies ready for when your kitten comes home. Please check out the PDF we shared with you for information about caring for your kitten and check out my Products We Love page for what supplies you will need: toys, cat tree, food, litter box, etc.
Book an appointment with a veterinarian. Start looking for a veterinary to take your new kitten to for a health exam. Many veterinarians have busy schedules, so we suggest booking an appointment at least 10 days before your kitten’s go home date which is at 14 weeks of age. Your kitten must be seen by a veterinarian within 72 hours of you taking possession of the kitten. We recommend also setting up an appointment with your veterinarian to give your kitten the Rabies vaccine and 3rd FVRCP. Your kitten will not receive these vaccines before they go to their new home, because your kitten will be too young to be given these vaccines. We do not recommend kittens receive the Rabies vaccines younger than 4 months old.
Each of our kitten comes with:
- Written contract and two years genetic guarantee
- Wellness exam given by my Vet; dewormed and age appropriate FVRCP vaccinations (i.e., application of Revolution© treatment)
- Spay / Neuter + Microchip + TICA registration paperwork
- spay / neuter + microchip additional fees see below
- Parents are tested negative for FeLV & FIV, and DNA tested negative for the RD and MC HCM mutation, PKD, and other genetic flaws
- Free of internal & external parasites
- Baby Blanket with Mother’s Scent
- Welcome home tote bag! (i.e., folder with the kitten’s health record + paperwork, baby blanket and toys, tote bags, T-shirts [aka CDR's swags])
As of March 2022:
- Pet Quality: Pricing STARTS at $2,800 and goes up (will be neutered or spayed).
Pet Quality kittens are less than perfectly marked or may have another penalizing or disqualifying feature which would prevent them from being shown. A mismarked kitten usually has unique markings and makes a very cute and loving pet.
- Show Quality: Pricing STARTS at $3,800 and goes up (will be neutered or spayed).
Show Quality kittens have perfect or near perfect markings and come with showing rights, but they are not required to participate in cat shows and can be purchased as pets at this higher price.
- Breed Quality: Evaluated individually for pricing; we offer Breeding Quality Cats occasionally to small, registered Ragdoll catteries only which practice early spay/neuter; only to established REGISTERED breeders that I trust and have a great relationship with. If you are a new breeder, I'm happy to connect with you, but you must have an experienced mentor that you are working with so that I can contact for a referral.
- Retired: We have retired ragdolls occasionally to GOOD and QUALITIED homes.
Estimated Additional Fees:
- In-Cabin AirTransport via Pet Nanny Services: usually $500 - 550; kitten will depart from San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and flying cost are the responsibility of the purchaser
- Health Certificate for Transport: $75 - 150
- Rabies for Transport: usually $40
- Rabies is only needed for kittens that will take the airplane; for local buyers, it is recommend that the kitten receive the rabies no younger than 4 months old
- Microchip: usually $60
- Neuter / Spay: usually $350 - 500
Note: We focus on matching the RIGHT Ragdoll kitten to the right family. We reserve the right to stop or refuse any Ragdoll kitten/cat sale, even after a deposit is made.
- We accept Venmo, PayPal, and Zelle for deposits to hold a kitten.
- We require a $500 non-refundable and non-transferable deposit to officially reserve a pet kitten. The deposit is applied towards the price of the kitten.
- You may make payments on your kitten at any time as he or she grows; the final balance owed on the kitten is due before the time of pick up if there is an unpaid balance at the time of pick up. Your kitten CANNOT go home until it is paid in full.
- All service fees through PayPal or any other apps are buyers responsibility. Please be sure to check the box that says you're responsible for the fees to cover PayPal fees when using PayPal.
Our Ragdoll kittens come to you healthy, litter trained and eating on their own. Each kitten comes with a customized sales contract.
Our cattery is a closed cattery which means NO stud service is available.
- Kittens may be hand delivered by us or picked up here at our home (subject to change), or we will deliver to the San Francisco International Airport for those who need to fly in to pick up their kitten.
- We do not ship our kittens through Cargo. We do have pet nannies that we work with who is trust worth that can deliver your kittens.
- Flying costs are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- NOT ALLOWED to DECLAWING!
- INDOOR only!
- NO ABANDON due to moving!
- Our cats and kittens are raised with love and care. They have been a part of the family since day 1! Before you adopt the kitten(s), please think carefully if you are ready to do so.
- Ragdoll kittens do very well in pairs. There are many benefits to getting two kittens. They keep each other from getting bored and out of trouble. Ragdolls are a very social breed of cat and can become anxious or depressed without companionship from humans or other animals.
- On average, Ragdolls live 10 to 20 years, are you ready to accept a new family member for the next 10 to 20 years?
- If you are a student, is your landlord / leasing office allow you to have a cat? When you move to another city or country, are you ready to bring the ragdoll with you?
Copyright © 2022 Caviar Dreams Ragdolls - All Rights Reserved.